WHISKI ROOMS – OUR COVID-19 Policy
We are so excited to be reopening Whiski Rooms and welcoming you back again – it’s been a tough few months for everyone during the lockdown and we would like to thank you for all the support we have received from our team and loyal customers during this time, it has been very much appreciated!
We have outlined our specific operational policy to keep our team and customers safe. These are all the important areas we are now focusing on to ensure we reduce any risks involved with the spread of Covid-19.
Risk assessment and Reporting
- Full risk assessments have been carried out in line with government guidelines. These are regularly reviewed and the results are shared with staff members.
- All customers will be asked their name and contact details when visiting the premises either through our reservations system or by giving the details at the entrance door. This is for the Track & Trace system in use by the Scottish government.
- If any customer has confirmed customer case of COVID-19 and has visited WHISKI Rooms within 14 days, customers are asked to immediately alert us.
Our Team Health Checks
- Staff members are temperature checked and recorded each day at the start of the shift. Daily monitoring via questionnaire will take place and they will report this before they start work. If they are unwell or someone in their household is tested positive, they will need to self-isolate for 7 days and only return to work when better.
- All our team members will wash their hands with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser, before and after their shift and regularly during their shift.
- All staff are required to adhere to and manage social distancing and to help avoid any overcrowding that may occur.
Hygiene & Cleaning Procedures
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers and staff and we have these placed throughout the building and are clearly labelled.
- We have significantly increased our cleaning procedures throughout the entire premises.
- All customer tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised with antibacterial spray before and after every customer sitting.
- All high-contact items will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at least every hour using anti-bacterial spray e,g. doorknobs, railings, etc
- Main doors into the toilet areas will be propped open where privacy can be maintained.
- Individual cubicles can be closed and locked as normal.
- The queue system will be clearly indicated and separated.
- Toilets will be cleaned and disinfected at least every hour with particular attention being paid to high-contact items e.g. door locks, toilet flush points, handles etc
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- All staff, including all front of house and back of house team members, will have access to gloves, face masks and face visors.
Table Service and Single-use Items
- We will continue to offer full table service in all areas throughout the venue and staff will maintain their distance as much as possible
- There will be no condiments on any table to reduce any risk of possible contamination.
- All items have been converted to single-use where possible (napkins and menus).
- All menus can still be viewed on-line and ordered from whilst inside our venue if necessary.
- Cutlery will be given once an order has been placed.
- Glasses will only be bought to the table once an order has been placed.
- Where single-use items can not be provided, they will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised after each use.
- We no longer wish to accept cash
- All customers can pay by card and we encourage contactless payment
- All credit card machines will be wiped with sanitiser after every use where contactless payment was not made.
- We will be accepting reservations online via our website
- We will reduce the capacity to ensure the process is well managed and there is sufficient time and space between each booking.
- The queues will be carefully managed by our staff members to ensure adequate distancing.
- All numbers at whisky tastings will be reduced to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
All information contained in this document is subject to change as new Government Guidance continues to be released and will be updated at regular intervals.